ACTIVITIES SUPERVISOR/RECREATION THERAPIST (CTRS) NEEDED FOR THE HILL AT WHITEMARSH-- Full Time
- Are you looking to combine your CTRS with a creative flair and sense of fun in impacting the lives of seniors?
- Do you bring a spirit of Service, Professionalism, Excellence, Compassion and Teamwork to everything you do?
If so, we would love to talk with you about a great opportunity that exists within our continuing care retirement community!
The successful candidate will focus upon enriching and supporting the lives of our residents by providing meaningful activities programs incorporating the eight dimensions of wellness (spiritual, intellectual, emotional, cultural, physical, social, occupational, and environmental) that support the treatment goals of the health care interdisciplinary team and by documenting their care consistent with The Hill’s standards and state regulatory requirements.The ideal candidate will have experience in:
We are seeking the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Successful execution of scheduled monthly resident activities
- High resident satisfaction with health care activities programs
- High resident participation in health care activity programs and events
- Creating resident care plans, maintaining and updating them on a timely basis consistent with the requirements of state regulation
- Completing comprehensive resident assessment within 48 hours of admission
- Supervising staff
- Strong knowledge of long term health care (Gerontology)
- Degree from an accredited training program in Recreation with emphasis on Therapeutic Recreation, preferred.
- CTRS certification preferred.
- Must be familiar with regulator compliance expectations in a health care setting--Care Planning and MDS process
- 2 years supervisory experience preferred
- Must possess patience and understanding of the elderly; sense of imagination and creativity.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Current state driver's license
- Ability to work flexible hours: evening, weekends, holidays
keywords: Recreational Therapist;Recreational Therapy;Therapeutic Recreation;CTRS;Certified Rec Therapist;Skilled nursing;Assisted Living;Gerontology;Geriatrics;Senior;Activities; Activities Supervisor; Activities Director